Thursday, September 19, 2013

Blood work and Bucket List!

9/19/2013

What a ride! And not a healthy feel good one either.

So, got my blood work back from amazing doctor visit. I AM NOT DIABETIC OR PRE-DIABETIC. Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!

My liver count was a tad bit high or minimal elevation were his words, and he would like to run the test again and then decide if we need to do a sonogram.

He believed my issues stemmed from Thyroid. His words were "When you look like a duck, act like a duck, walk and sound like a duck...we will treat you as if you are a duck". When you look at all my issues and the typical signs of it, I so struggle with over 75% of the average symptoms of Hypothyroid.......He finds that though the "chart" says .40 - 4.5 is the normal range......that most women function better when they are at a 1.0. He has me on a small does right now and I started it on 9/17/2013 so we will see.

My past years Thyroid results/numbers
2009....1.84
2011.....1.99
My test showed I am at 2.67 for 2013
So clearly there is a slow increase and since he would like me towards the 1.0 mark I will try a low low dose of thyroid starting MONDAY 9/16/13

BUCKET LIST:
So there is kinda this running joke with me and my girl friends....because it has been like 2 years since I had actually eaten some of my old pleasure foods.....I decided I had 3 weeks to eat what I wanted and not care before I start my new "drugs". I have spent 3 weeks eating EVERYTHING on my bucket list. I admit I did not have much on that list. Mostly chocolate cake with chocolate icing, a chickfila cookie (that I had watched my friend eat every Thursday for a year), banana laughytaffy, donuts, hamburger WITH A BUN, and a few more things. What to hear the CRAZY thing. Before when I ate healthy and was taking all those supplements.....I was gaining 1 lb about every 3 days.........now eating CRAP....I am gaining 1 lb about every 3 days. So I have to say....outside of my very sickening doughnut binge.... I am happy I indulged in the burger and a few other things if I am going to gain anyway...lol.What came out of all that and blew my mind.....is the heightened awareness of FOOD ADDICTION! (will do a blog on this alone...eye opening)

VERY excited about what is coming though. Our lives are cycles. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE can sprint for ever. We are built to strive and then sit back and be grateful and then start over again.  Funny thing is I KNOW that if Jesus were to walk in and sit down by me in my office He would say...."Tage, dear. Food is for fuel not fun. If you need to process or package it, it is NOT for the body.".....Crying I would say..."So no more chocolate then?"....heehee

95% of us know what to do but only 5% of us will ever do it. I have been the 5% many times and WILL be it again.

I am looking forward to sharing the next blog on FOOD ADDICTION.

Be blessed, tage

No comments:

Post a Comment