Saturday, January 29, 2011

HCG Diet...a GO or a NO Go?

Yesterday I asked on FB.... who done the HCG diet? Did you do shots or drops? Do you think it a scam or did you have success? I mean 500 calories a day REALLY?? OK peeps, let me have it. 

Here is some of the post I received on this issue. Note at the bottom I have posted the research I found on the diet and my opinion as to why I will or will not be doing the program.  




Person 1: 


I did it. I lost 35lbs and a ton of inches in 3 rounds of drops. I was really good in the first round and lost 21lbs and the other two rounds my heart was not in it and only lost 10 to 12 lbs. It worked for me . The only real down side I see is the hair loss. Not sure why but if your afraid of losing some hair don't do it.

Person 2:

I have heard good testimonies about HCG but when I asked my doctor he told me that 500 calories a day is not enough to support healthy brain function. Yes you will lose weight but he considered it not safe outside of a medically supervised plan.

Person 3:

I did hcg.... You MUST do it through a dr. Loved it lost it got side tracked.... I wasn't hungry but since I did it one round I was able to reprogram my body and now I am loosing weight with weight watchers However before hcg I couldn't loose weight for nothing!!!!! My mom and a friend did it through my holistic dr and my mom is as skinny as she was in HS ... It resets and blended your system... However my dr naked you read the book two times before you do it. WW NEVER worked for me until now... I don't know if it is because of the new system or because I did one round of HCG and it reset... Either way I did the math ...6 weeks on hcg then 6 weeks off I lost 25 in the first six weeks.... On WW I lost 5 the first week and 1 the next then 2 the third.... By the end of 12 weeks I will have lost the same ( more or less) with WW compared to hcg.... Also just love the WW app and it is 3 months for 53 dollars can't beat it!!!!

Person 4:

I know several people that have done this. They All lost weight. From my biological background (I have taught A&P and Human Nutrition for years), this is Not safe. As stated before, it's not enough to support healthy brain function. 1000 cals are required, and that is why they eat that on BL. If you do it, Jeanette is right, Read the book first! There are Many dos and don'ts. You Will lose weight. On 500 cals a day, who wouldn't!?

Person 5:
Hey Girl!! I gained a lot of weight between '06-'07, and regular diet and excersise was barely helping me. I lost 30 lbs 2 years ago on the HCG diet! And lost another 7 lbs a year ago in another wave. The more weight you have to lose the... easier it is to lose it quickly on the HCG. I did the original 30 lbs loss in waves. With drops & then shots It toned me up too. Even after the holiday weight gain, 2 years later, I am only 2 lbs more than what I was when I originally lost the 30. You have to be disciplined. I recommend it to anyone whom is healthy enough to do it and does it under doctor supervision.


Here is what Wikipedia had to say about Hcg the hormone......  


Controversy about and shortages[19] of injected hCG for weight loss have led to substantial internet promotion of "homeopathic hCG" for weight control. The ingredients in these products are often obscure, but if prepared from true hCG via homeopathic dilution, they contain either no hCG at all or only trace amounts. Proponents of homeopathic HCG claim the solution bears the "energetic imprint" of HCG. There is no scientific evidence that this "energetic imprint" exists or that homeopathic hCG has any effect. According to Dr Dennis Clark at Diets In Review, "Homeopathic HCG does not fit the classical criteria for a homeopathic treatment. Published results are all based on testimonials. No scientific research has been published on homeopathic HCG in any of the homeopathic or mainstream medical research journals."[20]
On January 24, 2011 the FDA deemed this drug fraudulent and ineffective for weight loss. It is also not protected as a homeopathic drug and has been deemed an illegal substance.

Needless to say there is one truth here to be sceen from my questions here adn around. I have not heard of anyone who needs to loose more then 40lbs be successful. One your body starts to build immunities to the hcg. Two, the diet restriction of 500 calories for 4 weeks is just not real life and too hard to follow and live a real life.
 A for me, until I see significant changes to the protocol of the diet and where they get the hormone.....this diet choice is a BIG NO GO!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment